real monsters
real monsters is a modern fantasy roleplay primarily based on eojung academy, an international (gifted) boarding school, and the city it's based on: jeonju. we have no word count and no character limits.

please register in ALL CAPITALS.

INFORMATION
TIMELINE

we are set in season 4: october - december 2014. please time stamp your threads accordingly.

click here for ongoing events.

LINKS // RATIO
HIGH SCHOOL 16 UNIVERSITY 56
FACULTY 9 CITIZENS 21
the last announcement
with a heavy heart (this doesn't mean we'll part)
  add reply , new topic , start poll

Uncommon Ground, tag: open
CHA JIN AE
 Posted: Aug 22 2014, 07:49 PM

Sparrow
99 posts
University

power mimicry
nineteen
N/A

N/A
I'm worn, tired of my mind I'm worn out, thinking of why I'm always so unsure

september 2, 2014: .

A summer to relax had given Jin Ae some time to recuperate after the springtime's many exciting events, even those she still couldn't remember. Going places alone was no longer a life and death decision and she didn't go around karate chopping people who tapped her on the shoulder or said her name.

This semester was a new start and she wasn't going to let what happened (or may have happened) last semester tarnish this coming year. She had also made a little resolution to herself to be more outgoing. She could cling to Erik or Sang Hyun all the time. That would just be annoying for everyone involved.

She was now in the midst of conducting an experiment was hanging out in the park by the lake all by herself. She had walked over to a vending machine and had just put her money in. A nice cool drink would be a perfect way to occupy her hands while she braved the big bad world alone. She pressed the button and... out came a flavor she absolutely hated.

In a normal situation, Jin Ae would have made Erik take that flavor and she in turn would drink his. In this case, there wasn't anyone around except for the person walking towards her. "Um," her voice cracked and she cleared her throat. Talking to strangers wasn't a big deal. This was okay, Jin Ae was okay. "Um, you wouldn't happen to like this flavor, would you?" She held up the drink in her hand.

^
MILO MA
 Posted: Aug 31 2014, 10:16 PM

minnie
10 posts
citizen

enhanced reflexes
twenty-six
p

N/A
Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.

it had taken a bit more time, but milo finally found himself in a comfortable routine. he had his training schedule, he knew the area, and he was slowly getting to know the people he lived around. it was a slow process, one that couldn't be rushed due to his exuberant amount of time spent inside the gym. he needed to get out and away at times and the lake was always the first place he thought of. it was pretty and calming despite the amount of people that could show up at the park. it was perfect.

he spent the last hour or so taking a run. he had cooled off for a few minutes before heading over to grab a drink. he looked over when he was spoken too, pulling his headphone out of his ear and listening. "huh? oh, uh. yeah, i do actually," he replied with a slight nod. "is the machine acting up or something?"

^
CHA JIN AE
 Posted: Sep 10 2014, 02:30 PM

Sparrow
99 posts
University

power mimicry
nineteen
N/A

N/A

Jin Ae's cheeks turned bright red as she handed the can over. "Um, yes." When had she become so shy about talking to people? Actually, it was really just the people of the opposite sex, for some reason. Sure, she used to be reserved, but it didn't keep her from carrying on a decent conversation with them. Now it was like she was scared to open her mouth. But she was going to fight through it. This was absurd, she could go around scared of her own shadow for the rest of her life.

"Either that or I've gone daft and hit the wrong button, which is entirely possible, come to think of it." Self deprecating humor, that's it. She gave him a friendly smile and before turning back to the machine. She fished in her coin purse for the right amount to get her own drink. Hopefully the correct flavor this time.

^
MILO MA
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 04:53 PM

minnie
10 posts
citizen

enhanced reflexes
twenty-six
p

N/A

milo took the drink and nodded slightly before taking another glance over at the machine. nothing appeared wrong with it but there could easily be something wonky on the inside. "hey, let me get it for you. since you already paid for this one?" he offered, holding up his drink before moving to the machine. it was only fair, really. if she really had fucked up and chose the wrong button on accident then he'll get the right one. hopefully.

"what flavor do you like?" he asked. he fished into his pockets for some change and began to silently count it out as he waited for her answer. he put the money in the machine and turned back to her.

^
CHA JIN AE
 Posted: Oct 9 2014, 02:29 PM

Sparrow
99 posts
University

power mimicry
nineteen
N/A

N/A

"Oh, okay, thank you." she bowed her head slightly in thanks. She supposed it made sense for him to cover hers, it would be like paying for his own. She dug in her purse to put her coin purse back in it's place and raised her head when he asked what flavor she liked. "Um, that one." She pointed; lychee had somehow become her favorite flavored everything since she'd moved to Korea.

The transaction was complete and the button was pushed. And out came the correct flavor this time. She sighed in relief because if she was honest with herself, Jin Ae was really picky about the flavor of her drinks. Anyone who had hung out with her long enough could attest to that. As she opened the drink she realized that a soon-to-be awkward silence was settling in the air.

She could have just thanked him for the trade and been on her way, but she was trying to teach herself how to talk to strangers and this was a perfect chance, so: "So, been exercising?" No, he's just naturally incredibly sweaty. She could hear Erik's voice inside her head. Being socially awkward was even worse when your best friend picked on you even when he was absent.

^
MILO MA
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 06:10 PM

minnie
10 posts
citizen

enhanced reflexes
twenty-six
p

N/A

milo pressed the button and waited for the drink to pop out in return. with a grin he pulled it out and handed it over. "maybe the machine has something against you," he suggested. "or you just pressed the wrong button. pretty sure i haven't done it but i know some people who have," he added before shrugging a bit.

he opened his own drink and took a long sip. "hm?" he looked to her while swallowing the last of the sip and nodding. "yeah, i usually come here to run a bit before going to the gym. what about you?" she didn't really look like she was ready to run off or do any exercise. she still probably had a reason to be here.

^
CHA JIN AE
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 09:49 PM

Sparrow
99 posts
University

power mimicry
nineteen
N/A

N/A

She opened her drink and took a sip. Jin Ae laughed nervously a bit before replying. "That's a possibility, I can be a bit spacey at times." She took another drink. How had she ever made friends? What was she supposed to talk about?

"Well, I'm not much of an athletic type. I'm more the type of person to sit and play board games... Are you a student? Are you part of the Athletic Department?" Just because she didn't play a sport or wasn't a fitness buff, didn't mean she couldn't talk about it... How on earth did she get to be so lame?

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options add reply , new topic , start poll

BAD ❤ ROMANCE
exclusively for tags. multiple tags allowed.
tagbox
affiliates
RPG-D
AA
INFINITE CRISIS
JINX ME
Somnia
Accursed Skyrim
DIVERGE ▲

c
h
a