real monsters
real monsters is a modern fantasy roleplay primarily based on eojung academy, an international (gifted) boarding school, and the city it's based on: jeonju. we have no word count and no character limits.

please register in ALL CAPITALS.

INFORMATION
TIMELINE

we are set in season 4: october - december 2014. please time stamp your threads accordingly.

click here for ongoing events.

LINKS // RATIO
HIGH SCHOOL 16 UNIVERSITY 56
FACULTY 9 CITIZENS 21
the last announcement
with a heavy heart (this doesn't mean we'll part)
  add reply , new topic , start poll

[event] together., minnie: jae sun
JHANG JI SUN
 Posted: Oct 5 2014, 01:00 AM

JOEI
170 posts
university

aura absorption
twenty-one
gifted

would you be my hater or would you be my enemy that i don't even know the name?

october 8, 2014

Something didn't feel quite right when Ji Sun opened her eyes that morning. Her eyes took longer to focus than usual and even though she was buried underneath her winter comforter, it was still much too cold. Slipping out of the bed to find more clothes to put on, she could barely take two steps before falling down to the ground.

Some sort of translucent gas rescinded into the room, shooting chills up her spine as she backed away from the door. An ominous feeling washed over her as her lips cracked open as soon as her mouth fell away, a drop of blood staining Jae Sun's black shirt. What was going on?

She'd barely managed to pull a sweater off of the hanger when the fog caught up to her, wrapping itself around her ankles and quickly traveled into her ears. It was then that she heard the most foul of whispers, one that voiced her worst fears and insecurities. It wasn't until she punched the wooden surface in front of her, pain setting in her knuckles, that they scurried away. Her cheeks marred with tears, she yanked the stupid sweater over her head and struggled to get back up to her feet.

Holding on to the walls for support, she opened the curtains in hopes of catching some rays. What she saw instead was another sphere beside it, red as could be. Hit by a sudden dizzy spell, she had to clutch on to the corner of her bed post as her strength dissipated. Reaching upward to grab her phone, she pressed the number 1 speed dial and listened to the dial tone. Her cheek was pressing against the ground now and her breathing rate irregular. And though this wasn't her first time experiencing it, it's never gotten this bad so soon.
^
JHANG JAE SUN
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 05:47 PM

minnie
687 posts
university

enh. lung capacity
twenty-one
p

i'm beginning to feel like a rap god, rap god. all my people from the front to the back nod, back nod. now who thinks their arms are long enough to slap box, slap box? let me show you maintaining this shit aint that hard, that hard.

Jae Sun should've known something was wrong when he woke up early that morning. He woke up struggling, his chest feeling tight while his heart pounded. He gasped and struggled for a proper breath as his sister's ringtone filled the room. This wasn't good. This wasn't normal. Even when he was sick his chest didn't get this tight. Hell, even if he ate a full coconut he'd probably still be able to breathe better than this.

It only got worse after the call. He was freaking out. He couldn't keep a proper breath as he yanked on his jeans and hoodie, phone never leaving his hand as he slipped on his shoes and ran out of the door. He didn't get far, eyes moving around the mess of the dorm floor. "Shit," he breathed out, looking around a bit more before hesitantly running through the hall and straight to the stairs.

Looking out the windows as he passed, the campus wasn't much better but he tried not to get too distracted. He couldn't understand anything. It was beginning to look like some students rioted or something, something he had seen at least once back in New York, and it wasn't something he wanted to get in the middle of. He wasn't in the condition for it, for one, and something was wrong with Ji Sun. Above all else, he had to get to her and make sure she was okay.

He was covered in a thin layer of sweat by the time he got up to the fourth floor and to Ji Sun's dorm. He moved into the room and dropped down next to her as he tried to catch another breath. "Noona," he breathed out. "I'm here."
^
JHANG JI SUN
 Posted: Nov 7 2014, 09:00 PM

JOEI
170 posts
university

aura absorption
twenty-one
gifted

would you be my hater or would you be my enemy that i don't even know the name?

She'd knocked on death's door before and she'd been so sure that she wouldn't have to greet it again so soon. There were things she'd vowed to change should life be so kind to give her another chance, and none of them had been accomplished yet. And as she felt her own life escaping from her, body heavier than lead, a multitude of faces floated to the surface.

And then all of a sudden she could breathe again. A tingly sensation covered her entire skin and she became alarmingly hot. She was still weighed down, however, as if her heart was anchored to the ocean floor. Pushing herself off the ground, she flipped over to her back as if she were a fish on top of a frying pan. Taking lung fulls of deep breaths to compensate for the loss off feeling in some parts of her limb, her vision returned momentarily afterward.

And then she noticed him-- on the verge of death himself. She should've realized it sooner, really. Only Jae had the capability to relieve her instantly, at a much heavier cost, from the looks of it. "Jae? Yah, dumb Jae," she shook him lightly at first, trying to assess his consciousness. He was ghostly pale and she couldn't tell if he'd been breathing from this angle. Traces of anxiety began to seep into her skin, shaking him harder now. "No, no, no, don't do this to me. You can't do this to me," she chanted like a spell, heart beat shooting through the roof. What on earth was going on?
^
JHANG JAE SUN
 Posted: Nov 12 2014, 07:39 PM

minnie
687 posts
university

enh. lung capacity
twenty-one
p

i'm beginning to feel like a rap god, rap god. all my people from the front to the back nod, back nod. now who thinks their arms are long enough to slap box, slap box? let me show you maintaining this shit aint that hard, that hard.

He had dropped down to his knees when he first got there, trying to move Ji Sun in order to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't do it. He didn't have the strength to pull her closer or roll her over properly. His heart was pounding and his chest seemed to tighten with every forced breath. He pulled away from his sister and laid down, roughly yanking at the collar of his hoodie in hopes it'd help.

He felt like he was spinning and each shallow breath was another stab at his chest. He felt tired, felt like closing his eyes and sleeping would just solve all his problems. He couldn't bring himself to keep his eyes closed as he listened to his sister. He wanted to tell her he was okay. He wanted to tell her to stop shaking him because it was annoying and it just made him even more dizzy to the point where he could sleep soundly the moment his eyes closed.

He reached over to grab her arm in hopes it'd signal her to stop. "It's okay," he breathed out while doing his best to take a deep breath back in. "You okay?"
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options add reply , new topic , start poll

BAD ❤ ROMANCE
exclusively for tags. multiple tags allowed.
tagbox
affiliates
RPG-D
AA
INFINITE CRISIS
JINX ME
Somnia
Accursed Skyrim
DIVERGE ▲

c
h
a