real monsters
real monsters is a modern fantasy roleplay primarily based on eojung academy, an international (gifted) boarding school, and the city it's based on: jeonju. we have no word count and no character limits.

please register in ALL CAPITALS.

INFORMATION
TIMELINE

we are set in season 4: october - december 2014. please time stamp your threads accordingly.

click here for ongoing events.

LINKS // RATIO
HIGH SCHOOL 16 UNIVERSITY 56
FACULTY 9 CITIZENS 21
the last announcement
with a heavy heart (this doesn't mean we'll part)
  add reply , new topic , start poll

event: make like hermione granger and read, aftermath event - open
KAYDENCE HARPER
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 09:43 PM

DRACO
34 posts
HIGH SCHOOL

ESP
FIFTEEN
canadian

N/A
N/A

October 9, 2014

it had been a rough night.

kaydence wasn’t sure, but there had been a strange event that happened during the blood moon. she had just been minding her own business in her room, avoiding the world, reading a book she had borrowed from the history professor, and all of a sudden her mind was overwhelmed. her power, which had been misbehaving as of late, had jolted and suddenly had decided to be extremely active, and the item she was holding – a borrowed one from one of her teachers, the history professor, was suddenly giving her all this information that she had not even dreamed of wanting.

it had been a horrific night – seeing images of times lost, people from far long ago, and war – and kaydence had found herself lying on her bed, her head in her hands, and screaming from the overload, the glitching of her power, the horrific sights that she was seeing – dropping the book had done nothing, the information was still loaded in her brain – and finally kaydence had tuckered herself out, and had fallen asleep.

the nightmares were to be expected. sometimes she had them, and sometimes her power was at fault, and that night, that horrible last night, had been no different. war and damaging effects, explosions and nazis… that was what had overwhelmed her brain last night, and she had since identified the main cause. professor honda was not really who he said he was, and she was inclined now to doubt all that the man said. she had always figured that he was an odd man…now she knew for real that he was.

and if she was gifted, and professor jones was gifted with long life, who was to say that anyone else in this school was odd? were they the only ones? kaydence didn’t think so. her mind might have been overloaded with the information from professor jones’ book, but the devastation on jeonju and the academy was startling when she finally woke up the next morning. a few of the buildings even looked like they had been uplifted from the ground and had been slammed back once the whole event was over.

no, kaydence figured, there were others just like her, and no one was talking.

that was what brought her to the library. it was still a mess from the last night and she wasn’t necessarily looking forward to the rest of thursday. she was going to be a bad girl. she was doing the unthinkable. she was tearing through books trying to find information of any kind. if professor honda and the other teachers she thought she had trusted wasn’t going to give her answers, then she was going to find them herself.

kaydence harper was skipping.

^
HAM MIN KYUNG
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 02:31 AM

MINA
44 posts
UNIVERSITY

LIE DETECTION
TWENTY
HUMAN

N/A
"here i’ll introduce you to this guy next to me he’s a pretty boy but he’s still single his personality’s good, a friend who is quiet and loyal~ it seems like he’s still hurting over his past painful love though~ from now on can you be his small beacon of light?"

he had been in his room all throughout the night before, sleepless as it was with the commotion that seemed to have occurred though he hadn't exactly seen it for himself. he had been in bed hidden and though it was hard to admit frightened and worried by the sounds he heard on the other side of his dorm door.

the morning after his restless night on the other hand was much quieter, disturbingly so. what was it exactly that happened? he would have to ask someone what it had been once he got the chance, but for the time being he would occupy his time some other way. spending his time in the library seemed an alright enough choice to make since while it had been quiet there at least that was how it was supposed to be.

making his way passed bookshelf after bookshelf he had stopped somewhere midway when he spotted something or rather someone suspicious. he didn't want to judge by appearances alone but the girl a mere few feet away from him seemed much younger than he or any other university student he had ever encountered was. taking a few steps closer he was sure now that this person was of high school age. he checked his watch and could only assume high schoolers were supposed to be in class by now yet she was there...studying perhaps?

min kyung was stuck wondering whether he leave her alone or tell her to go to class. what would she have missed he wondered knowing many students were probably also away from their scheduled lessons, but would he be considered an irresponsible adult not telling her at least that it's wrong to skip? he debated on what it was he was going to do for another minute when he finally decided to approach her. "excuse me. you're a high school student aren't you?"

^
KAYDENCE HARPER
 Posted: Oct 4 2014, 10:38 AM

DRACO
34 posts
HIGH SCHOOL

ESP
FIFTEEN
canadian

N/A
N/A

the book that she held in her hands was a history book. she glared at the picture of the collection of world war one fighters lined up in a row along the trench wall. the quality of the photo in the history text book was, of course, slightly terrible, but one of the faces that stared back at the camera made kaydence frown and realize that yes, what had happened last night was true. that man, sitting to the far right of the picture, was professor honda.

it was one thing to see the memory swim by her in head. it was another thing to see the corresponding photo.

a voice chimed and kaydence found herself looking up to see a university student looking back at her. korean, though she didn’t remember his name, for she had never picked up anything belonging to him. she gave him a nod at his question – yes, she was a high school student. was there a problem with it, was she in trouble?

i…” she looked back at the page of the book, the picture burning itself into her mind. “i was doing some research and…” she gulped. he probably didn’t care about her current suspicion about the teachers and the great professor honda conspiracy she was unravelling. “yeah.

^
HAM MIN KYUNG
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 12:17 PM

MINA
44 posts
UNIVERSITY

LIE DETECTION
TWENTY
HUMAN

N/A
"here i’ll introduce you to this guy next to me he’s a pretty boy but he’s still single his personality’s good, a friend who is quiet and loyal~ it seems like he’s still hurting over his past painful love though~ from now on can you be his small beacon of light?"

checking his watch as if he didn't already know what the time currently was, classes for the high school students should have begun already at least a few minutes ago. "are your classes canceled? you know, it's bad to skip class. you might miss something important and you'll fall behind." that had been good enough hadn't it? at least she couldn't say he hadn't warned her in some way, yet for some reason he had suddenly become curious as to what it was that she had supposedly been "researching". maybe she would know what it was that had occurred the day before.

"what is it you're researching? if you are skipping class it must be very important, unless you're one of the types to skip just to cram for another class though you don't seem the type. from what i see at least." he hoped she would answer his question and answer truthfully. he quite disliked being lied to and when people did he always knew he believed he had very good intuition that way.

^
KAYDENCE HARPER
 Posted: Oct 6 2014, 07:02 PM

DRACO
34 posts
HIGH SCHOOL

ESP
FIFTEEN
canadian

N/A
N/A

kaydence bit her lip at the older male’s remarks about skipping class and how bad of a decision it probably was. truthfully, she had never skipped class before, she had always been a good student, always being there on time and never missing a class unless she had a good reason like being sick or being out of town. she honestly doubted that “kaydence totally didn’t trust the teachers here at this school in a foreign country” was not a good enough reason, but there was something that she had discovered about the history teacher that was a little… jarring.

like his picture right here in this text book.

if professor honda was extremely old, at least over 300 years, then… what of the other teachers? were they like kaydence and professor honda, too? “i…” she didn’t know what to say in response to the skipping class question, so she decided to lower her head and play with the corner of the page with professor honda’s picture on it. “i was studying a little bit on world war one,” she replied. that was the truth. she was. the next part? not so much. “… we have a test on it. honda gave us the time off to read up on it.” would he honestly believe her if she said she got professor honda’s life story last night?

most likely not.

^
HAM MIN KYUNG
 Posted: Oct 19 2014, 03:23 AM

MINA
44 posts
UNIVERSITY

LIE DETECTION
TWENTY
HUMAN

N/A

now min kyung had always been good at guessing when a person was lying to him. he was unsure how it was that he had ever gotten so good at it, but he did know that there was often a buzzing sound in his ears that indicated when he was being told lies. whether or not this was a clear indicator, he was still not one hundred percent sure but he had only assumed that this sound whether be real or a figment of his imagination was often a a huge hint to the words he was told and the buzzing was telling him that this student while at first had been innocent of possibly lying to him had ended up lying to him in the end to his displeasure.

his eyes narrowed as he took another step forward. would he call her out on her lie or would he let her slide and continue on with her business. there was a possibility that it would have been easier for him to let her slide if he hadn't been so used to sticking his nose into his younger members business especially when their acts were so questionable and suspicious. a habit that had caused him in the end to continue to press on with his questions. "are you lying to me? are you really studying for a test? i'd like to trust in you but... a part of me doubts you somehow."

^
KAYDENCE HARPER
 Posted: Oct 19 2014, 10:45 AM

DRACO
34 posts
HIGH SCHOOL

ESP
FIFTEEN
canadian

N/A
N/A

kaydence looked up at the older boy with a thoughtful look on her face. he doubted everything she had offered as a possible answer. if she had said to anyone else, like, say, miss sato the secretary, or even to anais lavergne (because, let’s be real, she’d be told there’s candy in a closet and she’d go in), she was sure they would believe she was studying for a test. but this guy… he wasn’t. she bit her lip.

she sat there for a few moments before finally turning the book around so the picture was facing him. she pointed at the picture, specifically at mr. honda’s face. “… does he look familiar to you?” she hoped that he made the connection that it was mr. honda. she hoped that he had classes with him. “last night, i realized he was everywhere in the history books.”

she was going to explain everything about her power and what she had seen last night, but only if he asked or believed her about mr. honda. she could feel her heart racing. only family members had really known about her power. it was a little odd to her to be revealing it to this older boy that she didn’t really know, but if he knew she was lying through her teeth, what other option did she have?

^
HAM MIN KYUNG
 Posted: Nov 4 2014, 12:46 PM

MINA
44 posts
UNIVERSITY

LIE DETECTION
TWENTY
HUMAN

N/A

he raised an eyebrow at the girl as he leaned in to look at the book. while the images weren't the best of quality he could still make out some features that he supposed were familiar in some way. "ummm, i geuss if you look real close he could look a bit like professor honda. was that who you meant?" returning to his original standing position he gave her a questioning look. " are you trying to say that whoever this is in the pictures is the same person? don't the pictures have years between them?" he took a look at the image again he hadn't seen the others but it wouldn't make any sense if they were all one person immortal beings only appeared in books and movies after all, right? "maybe...they're relatives that happens at times. i mean i've been told i look like my great grandfather."

^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

options add reply , new topic , start poll

BAD ❤ ROMANCE
exclusively for tags. multiple tags allowed.
tagbox
affiliates
RPG-D
AA
INFINITE CRISIS
JINX ME
Somnia
Accursed Skyrim
DIVERGE ▲

c
h
a